Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tinkering Around


Sometimes playing around just for the sake of it can lead to some interesting images. I shot this lovely young lady over the holidays and it was our second session together. She had originally found me through some headshots I had done for another lady and was interested in trying some nude modeling. Anyway, I was tinkering around towards the end of the shoot to see what would happen if I put a wet sheet in front of the model and strongly backlit her.

I was very pleased with the results of my little experiment. I didn't meter the lights and set them up by feel. The lights behind her were f16 (set from a previous setup) and the light out front was just there for fun I think. I am not sure it was doing anything other than providing a bit of fill across the front of the sheet. I shot the images at f8 to keep the background pure white. The only image manipulation I did in Photoshop to these was to duplicate the background layer and change the new layer's blending mode to 'multiply' thereby underexposing the image and negating the effect of the front light. I like the look of the darker form behind the sheet. I have included a shot of the actual setup below. Please excuse my studio-in-progress. At least it is boarded and heated now!



No comments:

Post a Comment